Mineral bolus for sheep
Prevent mineral deficiency in sheep with a mineral bolus for sheep
Our trace mineral bolus Ovitop is a slow release sheep supplement designed to prevent a mineral deficiency in sheep and improve their overall wellbeing. Insufficient trace minerals can result in reduced appetite and growth, less and steely wool, reproductive loss, anemia, lameness, etc.
Our mineral bolus can be used for sheep over 25 kg.
This mineral bolus for sheep is a supplement without copper since certain sheep breeds are very sensitive to copper. If you would like this product with copper check Ovitop CU
This product can also be used for goats.
Mineral deficiency in sheep and goats
Benefits of our mineral bolus for sheep and goats?
- Slow release of the daily requirements in trace minerals during 4 months
- Different soils have a different mineral content. A mineral bolus guarantees sufficient trace minerals for sheep
- No copper added for breeds that are sensitive to it
- No need for mixing minerals in feed or relying on your sheep to use a licking block
- The building stone for healthy sheep and healthy future: higher resistance, healthy growth and better fertility
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Dosage and administration
Sheep over 40kg
- 2 Ovitop boluses 1 month before tupping/insemination and 2 Ovitop boluses before lambing
- Or 2 Ovitop boluses at time of going out and 2 Ovitop boluses at housing
Young sheep over 25 kg
- 1 Ovitop bolus
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
Our mineral bolus for sheep Ovitop comes in a bucket of 50 boluses of 5 grams
Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children