Acidosis in cattle
Treat acidosis in cattle with an acidosis bolus
Our acidosis bolus Bicatop Cow is a cattle supplement specially designed for cows suffering from acidosis. In this case, it is important for cows to have an energy intake as insufficient intake cuts the development of rumen papillae which enhances acidosis.
Our acidosis bolus can be used for cows over 250 kg.
Prevention and treatment of acidosis in cattle
Benefits of our acidosis bolus?
- Instant release of sodium bicarbonate to quickly neutralize the acids in the stomach and blood.
- Restores appetite, enhancing the production
- Crucial for cows starting milk production which have a higher risk of developing acidosis as the rumen papillae did not yet grow adapting to the increased feed intake
- Both as prevention and as a treatment against acidosis
- No waiting time for milk or meat
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Dosage and administration
- 1 Bicatop Cow bolus at the first signs of acidosis. Repeat one day later if signs of acidosis are still present.
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
- Our acidosis bolus Bicatop Cow comes in a box of 12 boluses of 100 grams
- Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
- Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children