Prevention of Ketosis in cattle
Prevention of ketosis in cattle with a ketosis bolus
Our ketosis bolus Ketotop is a fast acting cattle supplement designed as a prevention of ketosis in cattle (acetonemia) on three different levels. Ketosis or acetonemia is caused by a lack of energy, often seen at the beginning of lactation.
Our ketosis bolus can be used for cows over 250 kg.
Prevention of acetonemia in cattle
Benefits of our ketosis bolus?
- Works on three different levels
- Rumen stimulation: enhancing the rumen flora, thus leading to a better fermentation and an optimal energy production in the rumen
- Liver protection: the ingredients clean up the liver and stimulate bile production in order to enhance the breakdown of fat. These are rumen protected which means their effectiveness is 50 times higher than non-rumen protected ingredients.
- Energy supply: contains fast and easily available energy
- The two boluses can be given at once
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Dosage and administration
- 1 Ketotop dose (1 white + 1 red) 10 days before calving
- 1 Ketotop dose (1 white + 1 red) just after calving
- Always treat 'fatty cows', they have high risk of ketosis (1 white + 1 red)
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
Our ketosis bolus Ketotop comes in a box of 6 white boluses of 75 grams and 6 red boluses of 70 grams
Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children