Prevention of Ketosis in cattle
Prevention of ketosis in cattle with a ketosis bolus
Our ketosis bolus Ketotop is a fast-acting cattle supplement designed as prevention of ketosis in cattle (acetonemia) on four different levels. Ketosis or acetonemia is caused by a lack of energy, often seen at the beginning of lactation.
Our ketosis bolus can be used for cows over 250 kg.
Prevention of acetonemia in cattle
Benefits of our ketosis bolus?
- Works on four different levels
- 1 Rumen stimulation: enhancing the rumen flora, thus leading to a better fermentation and optimal energy production in the rumen
- 2 Liver protection: the ingredients clean up the liver and stimulate bile production in order to enhance the breakdown of fat. These are rumen-protected which means their effectiveness is 50 times higher than non-rumen protected ingredients.
- 3 Stimulating appetite through well-chosen plant extracts. An increased feed intake means more energy.
- 4 Energy supply: contains fast and easily available energy
- The two boluses can be given at once
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Click here to read more about the prevention of ketosis in cattle
Dosage and administration
- 1 Ketotop dose (1 white + 1 red) 10 days before calving
- 1 Ketotop dose (1 white + 1 red) just after calving
- Always treat 'fatty cows', they have a high risk of ketosis (1 white + 1 red)
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
- Our ketosis bolus Ketotop comes in a box of 6 white boluses of 75 grams and 6 red boluses of 70 grams
- Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
- Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children
Our pidolate bolus Pidolatop is a fast-acting cattle supplement designed to prevent a calcium deficiency (hypocalcemia) around calving.
Mammitop is a slow-release cattle supplement with natural antibiotics that is developed to prevent the development of clinical mastitis or in situations with increasing cell count.
Clinical mastitis bolus
Mammitop Clinic is a slow release cattle supplement that is developed to be applied at signs of an udder inflammation.
Metritis in cattle
Metritop is a slow release cattle supplement that is developed to prevent the inflammation of the uterus after calving.
Calcitop is a fast acting calcium supplement designed to solve a calcium deficiency (hypocalcaemia) around calving and to prevent milk fever.
Dry cow bolus
Drytop is a slow release cattle supplement designed to improve your dry cow management during the dry period.
Fertility bolus for cows
Fertitop is a slow release cattle supplement designed to increase the chances of a successful (artificial) insemination of cows with a high dose of beta-carotene.
Phosphorus bolus cattle
Fosfotop is a fast acting phosphorus supplement designed to prevent downer cow syndrome solve and a mineral imbalance around calving.
High Trace is a slow release cattle supplement designed to prevent a trace mineral deficiency in cattle and improve the overall wellbeing of the cows.
Vitamin and mineral bolus
Our vitamin and mineral bolus Tracetop is a slow release cattle supplement designed to prevent a vitamin and mineral deficiency in cattle and improve the overall wellbeing of the cows.
Aspitop is a fast-acting cattle supplement designed to target pain, fever, and inflammation and to improve the comfort and health status of the cow.
Kalitop is a fast-acting potassium bolus with 70 grams of potassium designed to prevent and cure hypokalemia in cattle.
Selenium bolus for cattle
Seletop is a slow release selenium supplement for cattle that ensures that a cow’s selenium requirements are met. It is a suitable alternative to a selenium injection.
Hooftop is a slow release cattle supplement designed to improve hoof strength and prevent various hoof problems such as lameness in cattle.
Magnitop is a slow-release magnesium supplement for cattle ensuring that a cow’s magnesium requirements are met during fast grass growth in early spring. It aims to prevent hypomagnesemia and tetany.
Fatty liver in cattle
Hepatotop is a fast acting cattle supplement designed to protect the liver around calving and for cows with a high body condition score (fat cows).
Enertop is a fast-acting bolus designed to prevent or correct a negative energy balance around calving or whenever needed.
Rumitop is slow release cattle supplement designed to stimulate the rumen flora. The high concentration of cobalt enhances the development of vitamin B12 to boost the creation of rumen flora.
Acidosis in cattle
Bicatop Cow is a cattle supplement specially designed for cows suffering from acidosis. It delivers an energy intake as insufficient intake cuts the development of rumen papillae.