Phosphorus bolus cattle
Prevention and treatment of downer cow syndrome and milk fever with a phosphorus bolus cattle
Our phosphorus bolus cattle Fosfotop is a fast-acting phosphorus supplement designed to solve a mineral imbalance around calving. The deficiency of calcium is the most known shortage. In addition, we often see a phosphorus deficiency, which may lead to the downer cow syndrome. Different from milk fever, the temperature, heartbeat, and breathing remain stable.
Our calcium bolus can be used for cows over 250 kg.
Prevention and treatment of downer cow syndrome
Benefits of our phosphorus bolus cattle?
- Instant release of phosphorus and calcium
- High doses of phosphorus and calcium
- Prevention and treatment of downer cow syndrome
- Also recommendable for the supplementation of an energy deficiency
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Dosage and administration
Dosage around calving
- 2 Fosfotop boluses 12 to 24 hours before calving
- 2 Fosfotop boluses immediately after calving
Dosage after calcium infusion when the cow is standing up again
- 2 Fosfotop boluses 2 hours after the infusion
- 2 Fosfotop boluses 12 hours after the infusion
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
Do not give any boluses to cows lying down
- Our phosphorus bolus cattle Fosfotop comes in a box of 12 boluses of 90 grams
- Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
- Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children