Dehydration in calves
A new effervescent tablet to treat dehydration in calves
Our effervescent tablet Efferfizz is a fast-dissolving calf supplement designed to solve the urgent need for rehydration in situations where calves lose a lot of water and electrolytes. Disturbances like diarrhea can cause acidosis in calves, their main problem. The effervescent tablet is meant to treat light stages of dehydration.
Acidosis in calves
Benefits of our effervescent tablets for scouring calves?
- Good rehydration through high levels of the important electrolytes sodium, potassium, and chloride
- A sodium bicarbonate buffer against acidosis, which neutralized pH
- Energy boost in the form of lactose, for active transportation of water
- The calves will feel better, increase energy levels and recover faster
- Vanilla flavour
Why an effervescent tablet?
- Immediate distribution in the drinking water
- Dosing without mistakes
- Easy to use
- Concentrated product
- Easy storage and transportation
- No spilling
Is Efferfizz really a suitable alternative to Effydral? It absolutely is!
The table below shows the comparison of electrolytes and other features between both products.
Dosage and administration
- 1 Efferfizz tablet in 2 liters of lukewarm water (around 50°C) per meal. Repeat during 2 or 3 days.
- During the next 2 days, 1 liter of Efferfizz solution can be mixed with 1 liter of milk or milk replacer
- Our tablet Efferfizz comes in a box of 20 tablets of 60 grams
- Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
- Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children