Mastitis prevention in cows using a mastitis bolus with natural antibiotics
Our mastitis bolus Mammitop is a slow-release cattle supplement that is developed to prevent the development of clinical mastitis after calving or in situations with increasing cell count. In this way, it helps at lowering the farmer's use of traditional antibiotics and it averts a production stop.
Our mastitis bolus can be used for cows over 400 kg.
Natural mastitis prevention in cows
Benefits of our bolus?
- Consists of essential oils from different herbs and garlic extracts with natural antibiotic activities
- Slow and certain release of high dose natural antibiotics for 3 weeks
- No veterinary prescription needed
- No resistance possible
- The solution for the reduction of antibiotics in farms
- No waiting time for milk or meat
- Lower costs per cow and an increase in milk production
Why a bolus?
- Easy in use
- Easy storage and transportation
- No need to give daily supplements
- No need to calculate supplementary feed
- Each cow gets the right dose
- No spilling
Dosage and administration
- 1 Mammitop bolus at drying off
- 1 Mammitop bolus 2 weeks before calving
- 1 Mammitop bolus in the situation of increasing cell count or LDH-values
Orally with the help of a bolus applicator
- Mammitop comes in a box of 4 boluses of 100 grams
- Expiry date: shelf life of 2 years after the production date
- Store dry, protected from extreme temperatures and out of reach of children